Are you moving or will be moving sometime in the near future? I’m starting this moving checklist because there’s always something I forget to do after I’ve moved. A big one is changing my address from the DMV! Whoops. I really messed up on this and I hope not to have it happen again.
One of the downfalls of not using my car that often is I really let that fall through the cracks. So, to help you and me, I’m making a list to help with any future moves.
Table of Contents
Moving Checklist- Before
- If Apartment Dwelling- Put your notice in
- Request time off from work to move (at least 3 days)
- Schedule your utilities to be moved
- Make arrangements with moving company (or your friends/family) to help you
Moving Checklist -After
- Get your driver’s license changed at the DMV
- Forward your mail to new address via Post Office
- Change address on all credit cards, bills, banks and with employer
What do you do when preparing for a big move? Add your “to do” list below! What’s on your moving checklist?